Air travel can be tiring and dehydrating, even during a short flight. For a long haul flight, it is even more important to be prepared for the discomfort that you may experience in the air.
Taking an in-flight comfort kit in your hand luggage can help you to feel refreshed during your flight and prevent that tired, heavy feeling that can arise after spending time in the air.
In-Flight Comfort Kit
Below are suggestions for items that you can include in your in-flight comfort kit.
- A Bottle of Water – Buy a bottle of water just before you board your plane and sip it throughout the flight in addition to the refreshments served. It will combat the effects of dehydration, and you should feel more energetic at the end of your flight.
- Moisturizer – Air travel is not only dehydrating for your body, it can also dehydrate your skin. Take along a small pot of moisturizer so that you can keep your skin hydrated throughout the flight.
- Facial Cleansing Wipes – After several hours in the air, your face may begin to feel in need of refreshment. Use facial cleansing wipes to remove stale make-up and to allow your face to feel clean and refreshed.
- Hand Sanitizer – A hand sanitizer that does not need to be rinsed off is a useful item to take on a flight with you. It is easy to use before you eat your meals and after you encounter bathrooms that are not spotlessly clean.
- Hand Cream – The dehydrating atmosphere on board the plane may cause your hands to feel tight, so take along an intensively moisturizing hand cream that you can apply liberally during the flight.
- Travel Toothbrush and Toothpaste – After eating during a flight, your mouth starts to feel grubby and your teeth can feel furry. Take a small travel-sized toothbrush and toothpaste with you to the bathroom and refresh your mouth.
- Pain Relief Medication – The dry atmosphere on a plane may cause a headache or you may experience backache due to sitting in the same position for a long time. Be prepared for such eventualities by bringing along a pack of over-the-counter pain medication, such ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
- Roll-On Deodorant – After sitting in your clothes for several hours, you may begin to feel sweaty. A roll-on deodorant is the easiest way of applying deodorant under your clothes to freshen up and combat odors. You could also take a small bottle of perfume and apply it to your wrists during the flight.
There are many other items that you may wish to include in your in-flight comfort kit, such as a neck pillow or an eye mask.
Bear in mind that airline regulations may forbid you from carrying certain items in your hand luggage, such as liquids, including moisturizers, in containers that hold more than 3oz in the USA or 100ml in Europe.
It is therefore wise to check with your airline before traveling to prevent any of the items from being confiscated.
Your in-flight comfort kit should help you to feel good and healthy during your flight and energized as you reach your destination, so that you will be able to deal with any situation that you may encounter after your arrival, even if you have been on a long haul flight.